RSS

Update, Newsletter, Blog post or whatever else you want to call it.

30 Jun

Thanks:

Just wanted to start off by saying thank you to all of you who faithfully support us. Your prayers and financial gifts keep us going. Thank you so much!

Financial update:

To be honest, our financial situation brings me joy and stress both at the same time. Let me explain. When we left for the mission field we had about 55 individual monthly supporters. That is people who pledged to give a certain amount every month so that we maintained a steady budget. We are now down to about 30. That is the stress part, we have lost a little over 1/3 of our monthly support. You may not realize, but the reason missionaries constantly ask for support is because they constantly are losing it…that is just the nature of missions.

The joy part comes from the fact that despite losing 1/3 of our monthly support, we are still here and we have not starved to death. Just when I think we wont make it, someone gives us a onetime gift that carries us through another month. It helps remind me that God is still in control…that brings me Joy. Don’t ever think a one time gift isn’t helpful…we love you one time givers too!

Another joy comes from donations towards projects. Even though project money doesn’t go directly towards our family needs, It frees up money that we would have pulled out of our own budget to do ministry.

Church build update:

The church build has been going great. All of the money has been provided to finish the church. Now it is just a matter of time. I am thinking we will be finishing up in about 3 weeks.

IMG_0466

As you can see from the image above, the windows have been installed and next is the metal bars. (To keep the crooks out)IMG_0465

Here you can see the front porch railing has been installed and is ready for polyurethane.

I wish I could express to you how excited these Hondurans are about this church…Pastor Dolvin is constantly saying, “Never in my dreams could have I imagined preaching in a church like this…It is so beautiful.” I hope you know that your generosity has a huge impact on the peoples hearts of our humble village church of Ocumupe!

Family:

We lost our oldest daughter to WOL Island for the summer. This is the first time any of our kids will be away for more than a few weeks. We miss her, but are proud that she was willing to give up her summer to work in ministry for free.

The other kids continue to keep Jennie busy as she schools and maintains the house. Sometimes she can get stir crazy in the house, so we have been doing more joint shopping trips to the city. It gives us time together away from our troop of crazy gorillas.

This past week I spent a good part of my time getting to know our toilet more personally. Something nasty hit me like a train and my internals are still recuperating.

Jennies Parents come for a visit in a week and will be here for three weeks. We are looking forward to that.

My truck died and I am currently taking it apart to make a trailer. I figured, why not…Once I finish taking it apart I will try selling some of it to the junkers and weld a trailer hitch onto the bed. Wallah!!! 100% hillbilly trailer.

Our house project is on hold until after the church is completed and we get some funds to put a roof on.

Future Church plant:

As we finish up the church, we have been planing for future ministry and outreach opportunities. While exploring our local area I discovered a village of about 400 in a valley about a half an hour from our current local church. The village is impossible to get to without a rugged 4 wheel drive vehicle and during rainy season only by horse or mule. There is currently no church in this village…We found a piece of land for sale pretty central to the populace and are praying for the funds to buy it. We will use it to build a church. The people need a place to hear the word of God. The lot is only about a thousand us dollars ($1000.00)

Random:

The fruit-flies have been unbelievable this year. We literally have thousands of them in our house.

We bought Lillie a baby turtle and the little girls left it out which turned into our dog eating it…don’t worry, she vomited it up later.

Found a place that makes the most amazing tortillas. Not sure about the sanitary code, but they were delicious.

Talked to a Honduran who believed that if a pregnant woman looks at a rainbow, her baby will be born with problems.

Your prayers matter,

Tim

12 Comments

Posted by on June 30, 2016 in Uncategorized

12 responses to “Update, Newsletter, Blog post or whatever else you want to call it.

1. Bud Smallwood

July 1, 2016 at 11:02 am

Tim,
    Why don’t you make them an offer of $500.00 for the Church land in your neighboring town?Let me know .

Bud Smallwood

• A Heart for Honduras

July 2, 2016 at 1:25 pm

Let me see what I can do! Usually I don’t ask for prices because once they see that I’m American the price goes up…I will send one of my Honduran friends to make an offer. So far the best offer we have received is about $900.00. But once you add the legal fees it is about $1150 total.

2. sandra carter

July 1, 2016 at 1:03 pm

you guys are awesome,wish I could have come down with Jennies parents, but 3 weeks is too long for me to be away, maybe next time. how do I make a one time donation? GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND KEEP YOU SAFE, LOVE SANDI

• A Heart for Honduras

July 2, 2016 at 1:29 pm

It would have been neat if you could have come…maybe next time. To donate just click on the link on our web page that says “How to GIVE online” and follow the instructions. Or you can give through CFC. Just put ” For the Czelusniaks Ministry” on the envelope. Thanks

3. John E Hollopeter

July 1, 2016 at 1:05 pm

This is so exciting to me to see the new church building! When we were there 2 summers ago and visited Pastor Dolvin and his wife, and we saw his church, I suppose none of you imagined this beautiful church building right beside the other one. Please give Pastor Dolvin and his family a big Jesus hug for me.God is Good!!

Linda Hollopeter

• A Heart for Honduras

July 2, 2016 at 1:20 pm

We will pass your hug along! Also, thank you guys for your support of our ministry here…I hope you know that it is a huge blessing.

4. Lou-Ann Larochelle

July 2, 2016 at 6:40 am

Thank you! This is the first time I have ever seen your blog. It was really nice seeing what is going on. My granddaughter Gwen will be one of the campers from CFC this summer so maybe they will see one another. Thank you again and God Bless!
    Lou-Ann LaRochelle

5. juliasolomon74

July 3, 2016 at 2:13 pm

Love hearing from you guys! Thanks for the update.

6. Connie

July 5, 2016 at 6:20 am

Hi guys! We miss u here at CFC but we know u r doing great things down there in Honduras! CT prayers are heading your way! Enjoy your visit with your Mom and Dad!

7. Mom

July 23, 2016 at 9:26 pm

Blown away! Your faithful hearts are truly going to give you tons of blessings! We miss you lots, I know the pain of stomach stuff, I will send you some stuff with Pache! So excited for you guys! I’ve made 50 jellies from our red raspberries and rhubarb in our yard, going blueberry picking next Saturday so I should be able to make about 80 blueberry ones, and then apple butter in September. I am looking forward to selling around 200 this year so I am hoping to raise some $$$ for you guys! Lov ya Mom,
    miss you all!