I was reminded this month that, Life Goes On!
Despite moving my family of 9 to a new country 5 months ago, Yes! 9…this month I was hit with the harsh reality that although I am in a different place with different people on different soil, much of life’s old responsibilities stay with you. So if you think you can escape life by moving to a new place, let me save you the hassle of packing all your bags. It is actually more difficult. Because not only do you have all of your old baggage in tow, You get a whole load of new baggage.
But instead of boring you with all that non-interesting stuff, let me give you an official update on ministry here.
- Big News!!!! We hit water at 475 feet. We are now in the process of getting the pump installed which requires some more work on our end like digging trenches and providing electricity. Hopefully it will be all hooked up in about a week or so.
- Jennie is homeschooling 5 kids (Life Goes On!)
- Started siding our garage/workshop. Will be a huge resource for work teams and general camp maintenance.
- Jennie washes the dishes…with cold water..Boo! (Life Goes On!)
- Had the annual woman’s conference at the camp this month. Jennie taught a cooking class in Spanish.
- Jennie does lots of laundry. (Life Goes On!)
- Still waiting on permission to cut trees down…Another one of God’s ways of testing my patience.
- Jennie cooking 3 meals a day. (Life Goes On!)
- Jennie cleaning 3 toilets. (Life Goes On!)
- Still attending Spanish class for 3 hours a day. Curse that Tower of Babel! Arrggg!!
- Drinking way to much great coffee with our new Honduran friends.
- Jennie cleaning up the coffee mess. (Life Goes On!)
- Got pulled over for not wearing a shirt driving…the cop said it wasn’t appropriate, in the meantime a local is peeing on a tree for all to see a stones throw away…Scratching my head at that one.
- Next big project….Hopefully cutting trees and building some cabins.
- Loving Jesus! (Life Goes On!)
Well, enough for now we love you all. Don’t be shy…we love visitors….thanks Torry & Emily.