RSS

Humility # 2 Our 1st Month in Honduras

26 Oct

Wow…We have already been in Honduras for one month. One month and still feeling pretty humbled by my lack of self sufficiency. I guess God still has a lot to teach me in dependance upon Him. Well, here is a quick update on what we have been doing.

• Bought a car from a guard at the presidents palace…(Me and Jennie are convinced it was an impounded drug trafficking vehicle that was tore apart and put back together)
  • Started our language studies…Man is that kicking my behind…No! I’m not fluent yet.
  • Preached at a local church…It is definitely more challenging with a translator.
  • Visited the local school in our town for a VBS..the kids sang some songs in Spanish and we got to see how Michelle ran the program.
  • Helped with a weekend camp for the disabled…it was fun! (We lost power that weekend!)
  • Been doing some random tasks around the camp. Yeah, there is a lot to do!
  • Was able to help out a couple local believers by given them work. They made some of our furniture.
  • Getting closer to dry season which is really getting us thinking about the need for a well.
  • Looking forward to Tate & Cassie’s arrival.
  • Scorpion total up to 4…I will be happy if I never see one again!

Thank you all so much for your cards, prayers, letters and support. Your prayers really do matter!

Scorpion in our Living Room

8 Comments

Posted by on October 26, 2012 in In Field

Tags: , , , , , , ,

8 responses to “Humility # 2 Our 1st Month in Honduras

1. Dad

October 27, 2012 at 7:41 pm

El lenguaje vendra a ti porque tienes un corazon para Honduras

• Hailey

October 28, 2012 at 1:01 pm

Our family misses u so much. Glad everything is going well. We love u we will be praying for u.

• A Heart for Honduras

October 28, 2012 at 7:56 pm

I hope your right!

2. Rayanne Czelusniak

October 28, 2012 at 12:24 pm

Hey, spaghetti oh’s…. Got the thing for Nemi, got some organic bug lotions , got the nets on order thanks to Jul her donation the nets and she got enough for the Stimson family too! All will come down in an extra bag with Tate and Cassie! Also birthdays for Nemi, Mercy, Jontz, and Lillie! A few other things for you guys, gave Lovy the cash for the gift and you have until next Saturday Nov.3 rd. to let me know anything else we are paying for an additional duffel bag the nets will take up half but let us know o.k. This will be the cheapest way for us to send stuff this time! Praying for you all working the T shirt and sweatshirt logo to sell for you guys to raise money for the well! Check out the logo and let me know so I can start screen printing them, remember I graduated as a print maker so this will be fun to do for you guys, our ministry! We are always willing to help any way we can! Love Mom & Dad Cz…..missing you all like crazy…had a good cry today especially at church when you see everyone, boo who we miss you!

Sent from my iPad

3. Al Horila

October 29, 2012 at 11:30 am

I have a use for that Scorpion. Seal him in clear liquid plastic and sell it for a paper weight. I am glad you all are doing well.

4. Christine Slover

November 1, 2012 at 10:23 am

Bueno! Un abrazo de familia Slover.

5. theredeemerlives

September 27, 2013 at 3:05 pm

We have scorpions at our house in the states too… those are annoying. Keep up the good work! Vivir en Honduras ayudará su español y seguro que aprenda rapidamente.