Wow…It has already been one week since we’ve arrived in Honduras. One week in which I have been completely dependent upon other people. I’m beginning to understand how the people at the Tower of Babel felt. It is very humbling to be totally dependent on someone else. Even the simple task of buying groceries is a challenge. But, despite our difficulties…God has been so, so, Good!
Every once in awhile I need a good dose of humility…It reminds me that ultimately our very existence depends upon God.
While our current lack of language, and culture have been stretching, our Honduran brothers and sisters in Christ have been so welcoming and helpful. Our fellow missionary Michelle has been totally self sacrificing and has made our transition much smoother.
Here is a quick update:
- Got our phone hooked up (Thanks Michelle & Bruce)
- Got Internet (Remember those days of Dial-up? Don’t expect any video blogs anytime soon)
- Ordered our appliances…Thanks Suyapa & Delmer. (Going to miss watching Jennie use the Pila = washing board)
- Residency, in the works.
- Bank account set up. (Thanks Pastor Evert…& Michelle)
- Squished fist scorpion
- Pet lizard lose in the house. (Thanks Obi)
- Vehicle Hunting…(Thanks Michelle & Blanca)
Thank you all for your prayers and support. We couldn’t do it without you. Yes, Your prayers really do matter.