What! 2011 is already gone! Where in the world did it go?
It seems like every year I get older the years seem to fly by quicker and quicker and I’m only 35. I can’t even imagine how fast they will go by when I’m 10, 20 or even 30 years older, if I live that long and Jesus tarry’s.
This past year has been full of new experiences for us as we have been preparing to go to Honduras as missionaries. Here is a quick review of what the past year has looked like for us.
- Choosing a mission board to partner with. (extensive application process)
- Missions training – (This includes reading multiple books, writing multiple papers & taking a trip to Illinois for 5 weeks of on-site training.)
- Trip to Honduras (Visit the camp & Michelle who is our team leader)
- Vaccinations, Physicals & Fingerprinting.
- Lots of correspondence with the Honduran consulate
- Visiting Local churches
- Lots of small group meetings (Coffee & Dessert…my favorite type of meetings)
- Planning a missions conference.
- Etc., Etc.
Looking at the list I can see why the year went by so quickly, we have been busy; I like being busy.
Not only has 2011 been full of busy-ness, it has been full of blessings. We have had the opportunity to visit with and get to know lots of fellow brothers and sisters in Christ that I probably would have never had the opportunity to meet. It has been an amazing process to see how God has been giving us the support we need to get to the field through our family in Christ. To attempt to express how thankful I am with words is difficult. We are SO thankful for those of you who have decided to partner with us in prayer or finances. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Some may be asking; What about the upcoming year? what are your goals for 2012? What about your new years resolutions? Now those my friends are simple questions. To love God more and more and more & of course, to get to Honduras.